Safety signs and Traffic signs, both are very important parts of road safety measures. These signs play a significant role not only in maintaining the road traffic but also to guide the directions to all those who use the roads. In this article, we will discuss in brief about these signs.
Traffic signs are inevitable to ensure an even flow of traffic, reduce the number of road accidents and also help pedestrians to crossroads by increasing traffic handling capacity. There are different types of traffic signs:
- Mandatory Sign: Although all the traffic signs are equally important, there are signs that are extremely crucial. For example, the Stop sign, Right-Hand Curve, No Parking, Speed Limit, etc. which, if not followed, can cause disciplinary action against the person. These signs are used to ensure free movement of traffic, and therefore, the road users are often made aware of these particular traffic signs.
- Cautionary Sign: As the name suggests, these are the signs that are used to make road users aware of potential dangers on the roads. These signs are important for the users so that they can take cautionary measures against any safety hazards on the road. Examples of these signs are Narrow Bridge Sign, Slippery Road, Pedestrian Crossing, etc.
- Informatory Sign: Signs can be very helpful, especially if you are driving, signs like the Petrol Pump sign, Hospital, Public Telephone, etc. helps you reach your destination safely. These signs are used to inform the road users about various important information that can be very handy to the users.
Importance of traffic signals in daily life
- Helps drivers to know about the road safety sign so that they can ensure their safety as well as the others on the road
- Works to measure distance left to reach the destination
- Informs about alternative routes
- Helps in easy navigation
- Helps in controlling road accidents and traffic
- Safeguards the pedestrians and helps them to walk across the road safely
Safety signs have many important usages in different places. These signs are used in workplaces, industrial settings, factories, training sites, etc. There are laws which enforce the employers to make sure that there are safety measures to keep their workers safe. It is very important for workers to understand if there are any potential hazards in the workplace, their risks, and the precautionary measures to be taken. Safety sign is, therefore, very crucial to ensure workplace safety and to prevent any kind of accident. Here are some of the key points about these signs:
- Notice sign is also counted as safety sign because they provide safety instructions to the workers and keep them well informed. Examples of these types of signs are location of first aid kits, emergency eyewash station, emergency exit, etc.
- The information given in the safety signs should be very clear and concise. You can also use a certain color or font if you want to make the signs more distinctive
- If any safety sign is damaged, faded or otherwise unreadable, should be immediately replaced
- There are different types of safety signs. However, these signs can be broadly categorized into four main types. Red-colored signs are used to define the highest amount of danger. For example, evacuating information during an emergency, a danger alarm, or locating firefighting equipment. Yellow-colored signs are used as warning signs or precautionary signs. Blue colored signs are used to inform employees about certain do’s and don’ts in certain areas of the workplace. Green colored signs are usually used to mark escape routes, doors, exits, etc.
- It is also very important that the safety signs are being placed at the right place so that it can be seen easily
Features about Enforcer Group’s Signs
If you are looking to purchase safety or traffic signs then there our own Enforcer Group is the best option for you, and here is why
- Many options for you to choose from when it comes to traffic and safety signs
- We offer to you free delivery for all orders over $50
- We offer you same day dispatch for order until 1 pm for stocked items
- If you are not satisfied with our product, you don’t have to worry as we a 30 day return policy
- For any help and assistance, or any further query, you can reach to our excellent customer service team
We have a wide range of products for you to choose from for your project. To purchase our traffic and safety signs, visit our website or call us on our number 1300 854 010.